Thursday, April 14, 2011

SWOT Analysis

Strengths
  • One of my main strengths was that I was good at modeling vehicles. This is mostly because blue prints can easily be found online of a lot of vehicles. These Blue prints can be used as reference plates when modeling.
  • Another strength I found was that I am good at creating simple materials. This can be said for the snow and gold in the animation scenes and also the chrome and fabric used in the Parahawks.
  • Although I only used one light in all my scenes, I am confident I understand how the lights in 3ds Max work.
  • I wasn't good at modeling a Character, however when it came to animating the biped model, I found no problems when learning how to do it.
Weaknesses
  • One of my main problems was that I wasn't good at keeping up to date with my blog. This was mostly because all the scenes were being worked on simultaneously and were all finished at the same time.
  • My main weakness found during this project was that I am not that good at modeling people. I can model the basic shape of a person like legs, arms, torso and head, however I can't model faces or add details to the clothes.
  • Another weakness was my limited knowledge of 3ds Max. This meant that despite all the tools available on the program, I didn't know what all of them did or how to use them.
Opportunities
  • The main opportunity in this course was to learn how to use 3ds Max. After this project I can now animate a small number of objects to make a short movie. Although I haven't learnt all the many utilities in 3ds, I am confident I can use the basic elements like modeling and simple animation.
Threats
  • The main threat in the project was the render time of the scenes. All my scenes are simple with as few objects in them as possible. Also the quality of trees and some materials has been turned down to reduce render time. An example of this is the chrome colour of the Parahawks, which should be reflective. Also due to render time, each scene is only several seconds long for each camera shot. These few seconds, even with the reduced quality still took about a hour to render. The render time definitely effected the quality of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment